2017 School Games’ Day 3 Reports
Reports of the Scotland School Games matches from September 3 2017
Girls’ School Games – Scotland 2-4 England Red
Scotland Girls’ were beaten in their final match of the 2017 School Games in a competitive 4-2 defeat to England Red.
Scotland opened the scoring in the first quarter when Emma Forrest scored in the twelfth minute and make it 1-0 to Scotland.
There was an equaliser just a few minutes later when Maddy Davies levelled the scores just before the break.
The second quarter saw Olivia Back score a couple of goals to give England Red a solid lead at half time.
The win was sealed for England Red when Back secured her hat-trick in the 35th minute from a penalty corner to make it 4-1.
Milly Wood pulled one back for Scotland but it was England Red who emerged as victorious to close the girls’ tournament.
Boys’ School Games- Scotland 5-0 England White
Scotland Boys’ finished their 2017 School Games with a tremendous 5-0 win over England White in Loughborough.
Ewen Mackie opened the scoring for Scotland with a penalty corner strike in the second quarter to put his side in front.
An even third quarter was shattered by the goal-fest that was the final quarter with the Scots striking four times.
Jamie Golden was the first to hit the net in the goal-rush when he converted a penalty corner to make it 2-0.
It was 3-0 a short while later when Struan Walker was on hand to convert another penalty corner and put the game to bed.
Things got even better for Scotland when they were awarded a penalty stroke. Golden stepped up to slot home Scotland’s fourth.
Andrew McConnell completed the scoring just before full-time from another penalty stroke to make it 5-0 and a great win to end the tournament.
- Golden and MacKenzie on form for GB U21
- Scotland women held to a draw in Belfast
- Scottish Cup continues with goals
- Big day of action in National League 1
- Testing weekend at the top of National League 1
- Scottish Hockey website Competitions Module
- Excitement at the top of both National League 1 tables
- Six Scots selected for GB women Elite Development Programme
- Huge weekend in National League 1
- Cameron Golden and Callum MacKenzie selected for GB U21