2017 School Games’ Day 3 Reports
Reports of the Scotland School Games matches from September 3 2017
Girls’ School Games – Scotland 2-4 England Red
Scotland Girls’ were beaten in their final match of the 2017 School Games in a competitive 4-2 defeat to England Red.
Scotland opened the scoring in the first quarter when Emma Forrest scored in the twelfth minute and make it 1-0 to Scotland.
There was an equaliser just a few minutes later when Maddy Davies levelled the scores just before the break.
The second quarter saw Olivia Back score a couple of goals to give England Red a solid lead at half time.
The win was sealed for England Red when Back secured her hat-trick in the 35th minute from a penalty corner to make it 4-1.
Milly Wood pulled one back for Scotland but it was England Red who emerged as victorious to close the girls’ tournament.
Boys’ School Games- Scotland 5-0 England White
Scotland Boys’ finished their 2017 School Games with a tremendous 5-0 win over England White in Loughborough.
Ewen Mackie opened the scoring for Scotland with a penalty corner strike in the second quarter to put his side in front.
An even third quarter was shattered by the goal-fest that was the final quarter with the Scots striking four times.
Jamie Golden was the first to hit the net in the goal-rush when he converted a penalty corner to make it 2-0.
It was 3-0 a short while later when Struan Walker was on hand to convert another penalty corner and put the game to bed.
Things got even better for Scotland when they were awarded a penalty stroke. Golden stepped up to slot home Scotland’s fourth.
Andrew McConnell completed the scoring just before full-time from another penalty stroke to make it 5-0 and a great win to end the tournament.
- Dramatic day in Men’s Indoor National League 1
- Scotland draw with Croatia and lose to Sweden on Day 2 of indoor Euros
- One win and one defeat for Scotland in Women’s EuroHockey Indoor Championship II
- Men’s indoor National League 1 enters pool stage
- Scottish Hockey launches Club Hub
- Western Wildcats win U18 Boys Indoor Cup
- Wanderers and Western to meet in women’s GALA final
- Two wins but third place finish for Scotland men in Nicosia
- A tough day for Scotland in Nicosia
- 27 goals as Scots hit top form in Nicosia