Announcement from the Scottish Hockey Board
Engagement with Scottish Hockey Members
I hope you are all well and enjoying some of our new freedoms.
The past few months have been a difficult time for us all, due to the unprecedented impact on our health, society and economy due to COVID-19 – a situation that none of us ever anticipated we would find ourselves in. These circumstances have challenged how the whole of Scottish sport and Scottish Hockey has operated and has offered the opportunity for us to review how we manage our sport. Over this period, I have received correspondence from a wide range of members, representing the length and breadth of Scottish Hockey, raising a number of issues.
The Scottish Hockey Board has therefore decided to commission an independent consultant to conduct a wider discussion with our membership and analyse the resulting issues in order to enable the board to make improvements. We plan to hire the consultants in the middle of August 2020 and to initiate the membership engagement process at the end of August 2020. It is expected that the results of the membership engagement will be available by mid-October 2020. It is important that we have an independent assessment in order to accurately reflect the views of all of our members.
This is an excellent opportunity for you as individuals and as member clubs to identify and influence areas where Scottish Hockey can be improved at all levels, and I encourage you all to participate in this significant engagement.
I look forward to your feedback and hopefully I’ll see on the hockey pitch soon, when it is safe to do so.
Chair Scottish Hockey
- Scottish umpires return to international duty in a bubble
- SWMH seek coaches and managers for 2021
- Scottish Hockey shares Fantastic Fanatics fundraising platform nationwide
- Kaz Cuthbert and Wendy Justice elected at Scottish Hockey AGM
- Joint statement from the Scottish Governing Bodies Forum
- Troon Hockey Club puts in the miles to support Ayrshire Hospice
- Martin Shepherdson joins Scottish Hockey Board
- Updated guidance and indicative dates for return to competition
- Covid-19 Phase 3 update 20 Aug 2020
- Hard work pays off as Scots officials appointed to European competitions