Celebrate success at the Scottish Hockey Awards 2019
The Scottish Hockey Awards 2019 will be held this month to celebrate and honour the successes of our fantastic national squads and players in what has been a tremendous year for hockey. The ceremony will take place at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on Saturday 30 November 2019.
Awards will be presented to players from the U16; U18; U21; and senior age groups, along with a male and female Masters player of the year, to recognise their great achievements in a Scotland shirt.
Scotland has an exceptional reputation of producing world-class officials and there will also be male and female Official of the Year awards on the night as well.
Shortlists for each award will be announced soon.
The Player of the Year awards will be decided by player and coach votes from each squad; the Official of the Year Awards will be decided by the International Appointments Panel; and the Team of the Year award will be decided by public vote and an expert panel.
The celebration will include a fork buffet, which features haggis neeps and tatties to celebrate St Andrew’s Day; great prizes; auction; before the DJ and dancing take over.
- Player of the Year (U16; U18; U21; Senior; Masters, male and female)
- Team of the Year
- Official of the Year (male and female)
Scottish Hockey’s Head of Performance Andy Tennant said, “It’s been a great year both in terms of our athletes on GB programmes and our teams and officials who have been successful all over Europe over the last couple of years. The Awards night is a great opportunity to celebrate and enjoy ourselves. It’s a brilliant chance for everyone to get together and celebrate what an excellent year 2019 was.”
Tickets for the Awards 2019 are available HERE
Come along and celebrate success!
- Semi-final places up for grabs in men’s Indoor National League 1
- 50 years of Kelburne Hockey Club
- Becky Mill retires from international hockey
- First women’s indoor semis spots booked while others still up for grabs
- Scotland men pipped at the post by Spain in Santander
- Scotland men book final spot after successful indoor Euros day 2
- Scotland score 11 in sensational start to Men’s Indoor EuroHockey Championship III
- Women’s Indoor National League 1 enters exciting pool stage
- Scotland men's indoor squad announced for Euros in Santander
- Everybody in as Scottish Hockey launches “Playground to Podium” pathway