Let’s continue to maintain club togetherness and community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
During these unprecedented times we understand that members may not only be missing playing hockey but also all the things that make a hockey club a club. To help maintain club togetherness and community, your club or team can sign up to the Scottish Hockey Club Pledge. The Scottish Hockey Club Pledge allows you to work together as a team to provide club members with all elements of being part of a club they enjoy.
We also want to bring the hockey community together to showcase the good work being done by our clubs and to enable other clubs to do the same.
Despite lockdown Scottish Hockey wants to help clubs provide their members with all the things they enjoy when being part of a club.
We ask clubs to make the Club Pledge.
By making the Club Pledge the club will:
- Hold weekly club/team online (Zoom/Teams/GoTo) meeting at the time your training session would be. Download our Guidance for online meetings
- Host virtual club social events – online quiz; karaoke; party nights
- Set club challenges to raise money for charity and good causes – for example run 5k and donate £5.
- Profile club members who are on the front line – working in the NHS; carers; supermarket workers; refuse workers etc.
To make the pledge use the contact form below and we will give you your own Club Pledge logo.
Once your club has signed up you will be given a copy of the Scottish Hockey Club Pledge logo to use on all club promotional materials and to show your club members and followers that you are taking part and they can get involved. Scottish Hockey will share on all of our social media outlets and website the club logos of those who have signed up.
Use the #ClubPledge hashtag and tag @scottishhockey in all your pledge activity and we will share your stories on social media.
Things to do
- At the time of when your usual club training session would be, host an online catch up meeting with members. This can be done as individual teams or as a club as a whole – depending on the size of your club. Download our Guidance for online meetings
- Create a club newsletter to keep members engaged and up to date with what the club is doing.
Club Social Events
- Create a calendar of online club social events to let your members know dates/times and activities – such as an online quiz, virtual race night, karaoke, exercise session, book club, pie and pint. Download our Guidance for online meetings
- Select a charity and raise money – set challenges for you team and club members such as walking, jogging or running 5k; keepie uppies; or an auction.
- Celebrate and profile club members’ successes/achievements and milestones.
- Change lives – find out what your community needs and give something back. Your Regional Development can support you with this.
*Please note that the Standards for Child Well-being and Protection in Sport must still be adhered to for all club activities, inclusive of online activities. For further guidelines on how to stay safe online please visit Children 1st.
*If you are undertaking physical activities or tasks, please ensure all participants work space is clear of any risks which could cause harm and slip or trip hazards.
Share your stories
Scottish Hockey is profiling the work of clubs in the community during the Covid-19 pandemic so share your community work with us. Here are some of the stories we’ce profiled so far:
Has your club been supporting the community during this time? If so we want to hear more. Get in touch with [email protected]
Get in touch with our Regional Development Managers for further support with the Club Pledge.
North: Mark Pain
Tayside & Fife: Scott Madden
East: Chris Anderson
West: Katie Brown
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.