Conference update following latest Scottish Government announcement
This weekend will see the first competitive hockey matches played in Scotland since March as the new North and Midland conference competitions get underway. The recent Scottish Government restrictions mean that the East and West conferences will not start this weekend.
In our planned return to competition the North and Midland conference matches, following Covid-19 guidance, will see the first competitive hockey action played in Scotland since March.
Seven matches will be played in the first week of conference matches, which is a new format with a developmental approach, to restart competitions in Scotland.
Due to current circumstances flexibility has been afforded for the scheduling of conference matches and the dates and timings of published fixtures may change. Please check our fixtures lists for updates.
No spectators are allowed, so clubs have the opportunity to use social media to update on results and performances, while showcasing their club and sponsors. Scottish Hockey has created documents, please find them below, to help put in place match coverage.
Following the Scottish Government announcement that prohibited contact sports for people aged over 18 in the central belt, all contact hockey activity for people aged over 18 in these areas (Greater Glasgow and Clyde; Lanarkshire; Ayrshire and Arran; Lothian, and Forth Valley) is suspended until further notice.
This means the Scottish Hockey West Conference and East Conference competitions will not go ahead on 17 October. We will investigate and release a new start date and any further information when it becomes clear we are able to do this.
Download the Social Media Template for Clubs HERE
Download the How to Write Match Reports guide HERE
Download the How to Film Matches for Media guide HERE
Download the How to Film and Conduct and Interview guide HERE
Download the Social Media Best Practice guide HERE
- Excellent Midland and North contests in conference game week two
- Conference game week two brings more competitive action to Midland and North
- Dark; Costello; Robertson and Forsyth named in GB squads for FIH Pro League games against Netherlands and Belgium
- Scottish umpires selected for EuroHockey development opportunity
- First action since March as conference gets underway
- Midland and North conferences get underway as Tayside derby starts the season
- George Guy retires from East District
- New Lead the Way group for young people
- Conference update following latest Scottish Government announcement
- First Minister's Covid-19 announcement