Costello and Robertson named in GB Women Pro League squad for Germany
Scotland’s Amy Costello and Sarah Robertson have been named in Mark Hager’s 18-strong squad for Great Britain’s women’s FIH Pro League game away to Germany.
The women’s side travel to Moenchengladbach to play Germany on Wednesday 24 April at 6:30pm BST, just three days before their first home match against USA in London. This game will give players a last chance to make their mark before the FIH Pro League comes to the UK.
Goalkeeper Amy Tennant is back in the squad, with Nicki Cochrane missing out.
Defender Giselle Ansley is set to win her 50th Great Britain cap. Wales are represented by Sarah Jones, while Amy Costello and Sarah Robertson represent Scotland.
Germany and Great Britain are next to each other in the FIH Pro League table in sixth and seventh respectively, each with five points. Germany have played four games while GB have played five times.
Most recently Mark Hager’s team defeated USA before a loss in Argentina. Both teams will be aiming to move up the table and towards the top four places which ensure a place in the Grand Final and also a spot in the Olympic qualifiers later this year.
The game will be live on BT Sport.
Giselle Ansley (Surbiton) (ENG)
Grace Balsdon (Canterbury) (ENG)
Amy Costello (University of Birmingham) (SCO)
Emily Defroand (Surbiton) (ENG)
Sarah Evans (Surbiton) (ENG)
Sabbie Heesh (Surbiton) (ENG)
Tess Howard (Durham University) (ENG)
Jo Hunter (Surbiton) (ENG)
Sarah Jones (Holcombe) (WAL)
Hannah Martin (Surbiton) (ENG)
Lily Owsley (University of Birmingham) (ENG)
Hollie Pearne-Webb (Surbiton) (ENG)
Suzy Petty (Wimbledon) (ENG)
Ellie Rayer (East Grinstead) (ENG)
Sarah Robertson (Hampstead & Westminster) (SCO)
Amy Tennant (Reading) (ENG)
Anna Toman (Wimbledon) (ENG)
Laura Unsworth (East Grinstead) (ENG)
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic
- Late goal gives Ireland victory over Scotland women in Stormont
- Scotland U21 men score six to beat Portugal in Euros opener
- Scotland U21 Women share points with Wales in U21 Euros opening match
- Scotland women lose to World Cup silver medallists Ireland in Stormont
- Scotland men defeated by Austria in Vienna