Covid-19: extension of exercise guidelines
Scottish Hockey is continuing to work in partnership with sportscotland and the Scottish Government following the First Minister’s announcement today, Thursday 18 June. Scottish Hockey will fully consider the First Minister’s announcement and continue to work with sportscotland and the Scottish Government to update our guidance for Phase Two as soon as possible.
At this stage public health and wellbeing remains the most pressing priority, and we all have a responsibility to do what we can to continue to suppress the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
The previous extension to exercise guidelines are very welcome and has allowed for participation of outdoor non-contact sports in line with approved guidelines. Scottish Hockey previously published its Phase One guidance, which can be found HERE.
We are moving into Phase Two and there will be no change in our guidance before Monday 22 June, however we are looking forward to hearing more detail from the Scottish Government.
This is not a return to sport but a further extension of exercise guidelines to allow people to benefit from the positives that sport brings in terms of physical health, mental health and wellbeing.
Our future announcements on the detail of any revised or new guidance documents will be made in the coming days.
Scottish Hockey is committed to working with Scottish Government, sportscotland and other SGBs to progress plans for the return of sport when it is safe to do so as part of future phases of the route map.
- His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Short Life Working Group (SLWG) proposal online consultation
- Lead the Way members produce case study on University of Edinburgh HC’s mental health initiatives
- Scottish Hockey AGM 2021
- First ever Scottish Masters Hockey AGM held
- Short Life Working Group proposes new league structure
- Dumfries Hockey Club building leaders
- Commonwealth Games selection policy for hockey confirmed
- Facilities Strategy Group - expressions of interest welcome
- Three Scots selected for GB women to play Ireland