Covid-19 Phase 3 update 20 Aug 2020
Scottish Hockey is pleased to hear in today’s Scottish Government announcement that from Monday 24 August full contact outdoor sports can take place for up to 30 people, following the guidance of sporting governing bodies.
We are currently working with sportscotland and the Scottish Government on updating our Phase 3 guidance to reflect this important update, as well as information on how indoor sports courts are affected, which we will release as soon as possible.
Monday is another step forward, however as stated by the First Minister there is a continued need for caution as we take further welcomed steps towards the return to play. Public health and wellbeing remains the most pressing priority, and we all have a responsibility to do what we can to continue to suppress the spread of the Covid-19 virus as we safely return to the pitch.
Like previous updates in the phased return, we will continue to work hard in partnership with sportscotland and the Scottish Government, and engage with similar sports to ours, to ensure we all get back on the pitch safely.
We will continue to support the careful and cautious approach of the Scottish Government as we move closer to the next stage of returning to the pitch for participation.
Until an update to guidance can be released, please follow our current guidance HERE
- Scottish Hockey launches iKnow Month - focussing on skills and best ptactice
- Conference development opportunity being grasped in the north
- Good day for Gordonians in an excellent North Conference game week
- Ernie Wall OBE
- North Conference offers a weekend of great contests
- Scottish Hockey reduces adult membership fee by 50% for season 2020-21
- Saturday`s North Conference sees two narrow victories; Sunday bring another Ellon win
- Development opportunity embraced as North Conference continues
- North Conference delivers another weekend of competitive hockey
- Adult indoor season cancelled for 2020/21