David Sweetman stepping down from Scottish Hockey
After more than seven years as CEO with Scottish Hockey, David Sweetman is stepping down from his role to pursue other opportunities and we wish him every success for the future.
David leaves Scottish Hockey on Friday 23 April, and we will be looking to recruit a new CEO as soon as possible to allow them to be part of the strategic review process. We will release details of our recruitment for the CEO position in due course.
David said, “I am proud of the achievements of Scottish Hockey over the last seven years. We have seen membership grow by 90%; secured the investment for our Regional Development Managers; delivered more events and competitions than ever before; hosted sell out European tournaments; and seen our international teams and athletes excel.
“The Scottish Hockey team has done outstanding work to deliver new initiatives including Lead the Way; Club Pledge; the GB coaching framework; and Project Brave, helping to grow and strengthen hockey in Scotland. With Scottish Hockey due to start the strategic planning process for the next four years, I feel now is the right time to step down from Scottish Hockey to explore new opportunities.
“It has been an honour to work for Scottish Hockey, it is a fantastic organisation that is built around great people. I’d like to wish Scottish Hockey all the very best for the future.”
– Martin Shepherdson, Chair, Scottish Hockey
- Scotland women to face Ireland this weekend
- Alan Forsyth scores as GB men and women both beat Germany
- Scots play their part as GB get back on the pitch
- Scottish Umpires and Technical Officials Association
- What do you want in a CEO for Scottish Hockey?
- AGM 2021: Applications welcome to become President; Officials Convenor; or Discipline Officer
- CALA Homes continues sponsorship of Edinburgh Hockey Club for the 13th year running
- Thunder and Lightning sweep academy series
- Scottish Hockey publishes Membership Engagement Project report
- Membership Engagement Project live stream