Double for Forsyth in historic GB win against Argentina
Great Britain’s men earned a superb 5-1 win away to Argentina in the FIH Pro League on Saturday evening.
This was an historic result in Rosario as the GB men put in a superb display to come away with another three points and make it three wins from four in the competition.
Alan Forsyth was in fine form just a day after celebrating his 27th birthday; the Scotsman opening the scoring before bagging another one late on. Sam Ward’s ruthless flick from a corner made it 2-0, before Phil Roper put GB three to the good. Paredes gave Argentina some hope, but Forsyth and Roper took advantage of the home side’s decision to remove their ‘keeper and seal a superb win.
GB’s brand of attacking hockey was on full display, and with coach Danny Kerry given the opportunity to rest for this game, Russell Garcia and Kwan Browne oversaw a superb performance. GB now have the best goals-per-game ratio in the tournament with 17 scored in just four matches.
Get along to support GB in the Pro League
Saturday May 4 sees London host the men’s first home game as they take on Spain at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre. Tickets start at £7.50 Under 18s and £22.50 Adults.
- Euro defeats for Clydesdale Western and Edinburgh Uni on final day of competition
- Mixed fortunes for Scots clubs in Europe
- Series wins for Scotland U16s and U18s boys’ and girls’ in Cardiff, while U21 women lose in Glasgow
- Excellent Scotland v Wales age group hockey on Day two
- Mixed fortunes for Clydesdale Western and Edinburgh University in Europe
- Five games and goals aplenty for Scotland age groups against Wales
- Edinburgh University and Clydesdale Western held to draws in Europe
- Baptism of fire for Grove Menzieshill in first EHL appearance
- Scotland u21 women to play Wales this weekend – squad announced
- Scotland Men’s O35s Masters squad announced