Double for Forsyth in historic GB win against Argentina
Great Britain’s men earned a superb 5-1 win away to Argentina in the FIH Pro League on Saturday evening.
This was an historic result in Rosario as the GB men put in a superb display to come away with another three points and make it three wins from four in the competition.
Alan Forsyth was in fine form just a day after celebrating his 27th birthday; the Scotsman opening the scoring before bagging another one late on. Sam Ward’s ruthless flick from a corner made it 2-0, before Phil Roper put GB three to the good. Paredes gave Argentina some hope, but Forsyth and Roper took advantage of the home side’s decision to remove their ‘keeper and seal a superb win.
GB’s brand of attacking hockey was on full display, and with coach Danny Kerry given the opportunity to rest for this game, Russell Garcia and Kwan Browne oversaw a superb performance. GB now have the best goals-per-game ratio in the tournament with 17 scored in just four matches.
Get along to support GB in the Pro League
Saturday May 4 sees London host the men’s first home game as they take on Spain at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre. Tickets start at £7.50 Under 18s and £22.50 Adults.
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic
- Late goal gives Ireland victory over Scotland women in Stormont
- Scotland U21 men score six to beat Portugal in Euros opener
- Scotland U21 Women share points with Wales in U21 Euros opening match
- Scotland women lose to World Cup silver medallists Ireland in Stormont
- Scotland men defeated by Austria in Vienna
- Last minute defeat for Scotland men in Austria