iKnow: Child wellbeing & protection in sport
Provide volunteers with knowledge and provide confidence to deal with issues that may arise for those in roles working with children.
Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport (CWPS) replaces the previous Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) course and is recommended to be updated every 3 years.
Cost: £20 (Scottish Hockey members), £25 (Non-members).
Payment to be made prior to course:
- Online – Scottish Hockey sort code 82 65 00 / Account 20107127
- Phone – Call 0141 550 5999
This course is open to any volunteer, coach, club member or parent who is 16 years + and in regulated work, delivering or leading sporting activities.
This course will be fully delivered online and has a maximum of 20 spaces, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The link to the online meeting will be forwarded on confirmation of course payment.
- Completion of this course is a pre-requisite for club Child Protection Officers who are looking to complete the Child Wellbeing & Protection Officer course.
- Spaces will only be confirmed once payment is made. Unpaid reservations risk being re-allocated to the waiting list.
- Participants may still be charged for spaces as a result of a late withdrawal.
Scottish Hockey has launched iKnow month – four weeks of evening online skills and best practice workshops in January.
These workshops will offer members the chance to sharpen skills in governance; workforce development; media; changing lives; good practice; and parental engagement.
Sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/129659014603
For more information contact [email protected]