Final day defeat for Clydesdale Western in Vienna
CLYDESDALE WESTERN 2-8 GINTRA STREKTE UNI (LITHUANIA)
Clydesdale Western bowed out of the women`s indoor European Club Trophy in Vienna after going down 8-2 to Lithuanian champions Gintra Strekte Uni in the final relegation pool match.
The result means that newly crowned Scottish champions Dundee Wanderers will play in the third tier Challenge 1 level next year.
It took Gintra only three minutes to get their noses in front, Erlanda Nomeikaite scored from open play. Western were soon level with a strike by captain Francis Lonergan.
The Lithuanians stepped it up into a 3-1 lead through Samanta Jakovleva and a penalty corner conversion by Nomeikaite again.
Although Western`s Bronwyn Sheilds reduced the leeway Gintra reached the break 4-2 ahead through Rimante Gudeliauskyte.
Five minutes into the second half Gintra had moved on to a comfortable 6-2 lead with further strikes from Nomeikaite for her hat-trick and Toma Petrikaite.
Although Nomeikaite had an enforced rest in the sin bin the Lithuanians continued to add to their tally with further goals from Kotryna Kartanovic and Dovile Kukliene.
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic
- Late goal gives Ireland victory over Scotland women in Stormont
- Scotland U21 men score six to beat Portugal in Euros opener
- Scotland U21 Women share points with Wales in U21 Euros opening match
- Scotland women lose to World Cup silver medallists Ireland in Stormont
- Scotland men defeated by Austria in Vienna