Four Scots GB EDP athletes offered UK Sport E Level Awards
UK Sport E Level awards have been awarded to four of Scotland’s eight GB Elite Development Programme (EDP) athletes.
Callum Mackenzie; Charlotte Watson; Cameron Golden; and Laura Swanson have all been offered the award, which is a significant achievement and a reflection of the players’ ability, commitment, and potential.
The Athlete Personal Award is provided by UK Sport to offer support towards training commitments, expenses, travel costs, and related sport-specific costs whilst being a member of the GB EDP.
The GB EDP has been launched as part of a strategic objective during the Tokyo 2020 cycle with the aim of developing medal winning Olympians of the future, with the selected athletes having shown their potential to achieve that during a comprehensive selection process.
While the GB EDP is not age categorised, it has been designed for players aged between 19-23. A total of 36 players have been selected for the women’s GB EDP and there is a strong Scottish representation.
Andy Tennant, Scottish Hockey’s Head of Performance, said, “We are delighted for Cameron, Callum, Charlotte and Laura in being awarded Athlete Performance awards through UK Sport. These awards are a testament to the hard work put in by the athletes in chasing their dreams of being future Olympians – and to the outstanding support they receive from our excellent coaching and support staff.
“We are also grateful to the Winning Students programme who already give excellent financial support to three of the four selected athletes, who are studying at Scottish universities.”
- Battling Scotland men defeated by the Netherlands in Antwerp
- 2019 Futures Cup Squad Announcement
- Scotland denied win over Ireland by late penalty stroke
- Win for Germany on Scotland men’s return to EuroHockey Championships
- Campbell Thomson announced as Scotland men’s back of shirt sponsor
- Grand Masters to play on Tokyo Olympic pitches at 2020 Masters World Cup
- Scotland men’s squad announced for Belfius EuroHockey Championship in Antwerp
- Scotland win gold at Women’s EuroHockey Championship II in Glasgow
- Scotland women win Euros semi-final against Poland in Glasgow and gain promotion
- Scotland women top Pool at Euros in Glasgow – crucial semi-final awaits on Friday