Four Scots GB EDP athletes offered UK Sport E Level Awards
UK Sport E Level awards have been awarded to four of Scotland’s eight GB Elite Development Programme (EDP) athletes.
Callum Mackenzie; Charlotte Watson; Cameron Golden; and Laura Swanson have all been offered the award, which is a significant achievement and a reflection of the players’ ability, commitment, and potential.
The Athlete Personal Award is provided by UK Sport to offer support towards training commitments, expenses, travel costs, and related sport-specific costs whilst being a member of the GB EDP.
The GB EDP has been launched as part of a strategic objective during the Tokyo 2020 cycle with the aim of developing medal winning Olympians of the future, with the selected athletes having shown their potential to achieve that during a comprehensive selection process.
While the GB EDP is not age categorised, it has been designed for players aged between 19-23. A total of 36 players have been selected for the women’s GB EDP and there is a strong Scottish representation.
Andy Tennant, Scottish Hockey’s Head of Performance, said, “We are delighted for Cameron, Callum, Charlotte and Laura in being awarded Athlete Performance awards through UK Sport. These awards are a testament to the hard work put in by the athletes in chasing their dreams of being future Olympians – and to the outstanding support they receive from our excellent coaching and support staff.
“We are also grateful to the Winning Students programme who already give excellent financial support to three of the four selected athletes, who are studying at Scottish universities.”
- Mixed fortunes for Scots clubs in Europe
- Series wins for Scotland U16s and U18s boys’ and girls’ in Cardiff, while U21 women lose in Glasgow
- Excellent Scotland v Wales age group hockey on Day two
- Mixed fortunes for Clydesdale Western and Edinburgh University in Europe
- Five games and goals aplenty for Scotland age groups against Wales
- Edinburgh University and Clydesdale Western held to draws in Europe
- Baptism of fire for Grove Menzieshill in first EHL appearance
- Scotland u21 women to play Wales this weekend – squad announced
- Scotland Men’s O35s Masters squad announced
- Easter week sees Scottish Clubs head to Europe