Membership Engagement Project
Scottish Hockey launched its Membership Engagement Project to gather feedback from its members and help us build an exciting future for Scottish Hockey, and hockey in Scotland.
At the Scottish Hockey AGM, the Scottish Hockey Board made a commitment to commission an independent consultant to engage with Scottish Hockey’s membership in order to collate views, assess feedback, and identify priority areas for improvement within our sport.
This engagement process, which will be open for the next three weeks, presents the fantastic opportunity for our members to feedback, inform and help us build the Scottish Hockey of the future, while providing fresh perspectives and new ideas to assist in the continual development of hockey in Scotland.
You said, we did
Following publishing an independent report in April detailing the results of its membership engagement survey, Scottish Hockey has been working hard to put in place an action plan to deliver against the report’s recommendations.
We have prioritised the recommendations in the report into short, medium and long-term targets and have worked closely as a team to develop actions and processes to achieve them.
Our short-term targets will be achieved within six months; our medium-term targets will be achieved within 18 months; and our long-term targets are set to be achieved in the years ahead.
Update 27th August 2021
We are continuing to act on the recommendations published as a result of the membership engagement survey completed earlier this year. We believe implementing these recommendations show a commitment to become a more transparent and connected organisation as we strive to progress hockey in Scotland. In the past 4 months we have:
If you would like to schedule a meeting with a member of staff or Board please email [email protected]
Short term targets
- Publish consultant’s report to all members and communicate actions within 3 months of publication
- Publish a fresh organisational chart explaining role of Board, Committees and contacts for staff
- Signpost your existing 2023 Vision and Strategy and clarify focus
- Set policy to publish Board minutes within 7 days to improve transparency
- Introduce a “You Said, We Did” campaign to demonstrate visible change
- Introduce a 48hr email response time for all member queries
- Acknowledge the successes and achievements within clubs
- Keep the AGM virtual to encourage wide level participation
- Develop role clarity for Chair/President/CEO
- Working group established to start engagement process
- Create a senior leadership visibility plan and publish it
- Investigation of problems with CORE – tie in with start of season input sept/oct
- Consult more with clubs and districts via Zoom
- Data collection process to identify ‘best practice’
Medium and long-term targets
- Establish appropriate committee framework with ToR for each and create organisational chart identifying roles/remit/contacts for Board & Committees.
- Develop 2023-27 strategic plan through engagement.
- Prioritise a small number of key services and focus on them with RDMs
- Conduct a governance review
- Develop Decision-Making Principles
- Agree Code of Conduct for ALL roles to adhere to and review
- Review company status
- Develop an inclusive new long-term vision and strategy in 2022
- Re-allocate resources to a professional Commercial role
- Fix the “CORE” system
- Directly link RDM’s to CEO
- Re-organise for weekend access
- Seek member input to improve Communication channels and content
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.