Equal Opportunities Monitoring
All Scottish Hockey job applications must be accompanied with an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Please submit it with your application. It will immediately be separated from your application and the information contained will not be seen by anyone on the interview panel.
Scottish Hockey Vacancies
Exciting Opportunity to play in the England Hockey Men’s Premier Division
As part of a mutually beneficial relationship between Scottish Hockey and Brooklands MU HC, which allows Scotland teams’ access to training and playing facilities in the north of England, we have agreed to promote the following opportunity.
Brooklands Manchester University Hockey Club is based in Sale, South West Manchester. The Mens 1st Team plays in the England Hockey Premier Division, the highest level of English Hockey. The Club is ideally looking to recruit a top quality male player to play and coach at the club – initially for the second half of the 2018/19 season, but ideally on a longer term basis.
- Brooklands will provide:
- Accommodation in the Club flat (150 metres from the Club) with all bills paid
- An opportunity to play at the highest level of English hockey with the accompanying visibility that provides for players with international ambitions
- Top quality coaching and development from Nick Clark, who has International coaching experience and has coached Premier Division teams into Europe; and Paul Gannon who has international coaching and management experience with Wales, England and GB.
- Free gym membership of the DW Fitness club based at Brooklands
- Professional S&C support
- Video and GPS performance analysis
- A new, water-based surface rated by some England coaches as “the best in the country”.
- A monthly financial allowance
- In return the Club will expect the player:
- to be of the required standard to command a place in the Mens 1st Team
- to deliver enthusiastic, high quality coaching to Manchester University teams, Club juniors and local schools
- to set an example to the Club as a whole in his conduct and approach to the game
If you think this opportunity might be for you please email [email protected] in the first instance.
Manager – Scotland Senior Women
Volunteer or Part time position – hour’s variable
Payment – Agreed Honorarium or part time payment and out of pocket expenses
Scottish Hockey, the national governing body for hockey in Scotland, with a mission to “inspire involvement in Hockey” is seeking to recruit a Manager for the Scotland Senior Women’s programme. The successful candidate will be tasked with helping us fulfil our mission of delivering “successful Scotland Teams and medal winning athletes.”
Reporting to the Head Coach, the key elements of the position are to:
- Plan logistics in accordance with the annual training and competitive programme for the team
- Work in partnership with SH Performance Administration and Finance Officer to deliver the programme on budget with clearly kept financial records
- Communicate with a variety of individuals and organisations both internal and external in order to deliver the programme effectively.
- Lead and deliver all aspects of team logistics, supported by SH performance administration.
- Take responsibility for the conduct and behaviour of the team and individuals on and off the field whilst representing Scottish Hockey.
- Represent Scottish Hockey at any pre-agreed official functions on behalf of the team when required.
- Provide a safe environment for the players at all time, considering athlete welfare at all times.
Preferred requirements of the position are:
- Previous experience of managing teams at international events.
- Experience of working within a team environment, ideally with a multi-disciplinary support team.
- A knowledge and understanding of the technicalities of managing a hockey team
- Experience of organising logistics for a team of up to 25 people in an environment that requires overseas travel.
- Ability and experience of working within a budget and providing clear budget reports when required.
- Experience of working with high performing athletes.
- Adaptability and the ability to problem solve calmly in challenging environments.
The manager will need to demonstrate:
Proven leadership and decision making skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, sound organisational and planning skills, complemented by attention to detail with particular attention to financial control.
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified individuals by sending a CV outlining experience relevant to the position, along with a covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for Applications is 5pm on Wednesday 12th December 2018, with informal interviews scheduled for week commencing 17th December.
Scottish Hockey is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities. As a result, it aims to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination and unfair treatment.
In This Section
Please select a section you would like to view.