Inter District competitions update
On July 9th the Scottish Government issued its phase 3 update on the route map through, and out, of the Covid-19 crisis.
As a result of this we are now in a position where U18’s can potentially return to playing contact sport. However we believe, given all the current circumstances, the return to any domestic performance pathway activity is still some way off.
Therefore at this time we can confirm the postponement of both the boys’ and girls’ Scottish Hockey U16 Inter District and U18 Inter District competitions scheduled for September.
Once the details and potential start date for the domestic calendar have been confirmed, Scottish Hockey will be in a position to work with our district partners to agree the best way forward for both these competitions – as well as the U14 Inter District competition which was cancelled back in May.
Scottish Hockey Head of Performance Andy Tennant stated “Clearly the safety and wellbeing of all participants is the primary concern for Scottish Hockey at this stage – and we are committed to support the government guidelines and play our part in ridding Scotland of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“When the time is right and we have all the required information to hand, we will sit down with our Districts to ensure that this year’s cohort of talent identified young players get the opportunity to showcase their skill – and stake a claim for a place in our international pathway programmes.”
Read our Covid-19 Phase 3 guidance HERE
- Sporting activity - Duke of Edinburgh funeral
- Update to Covid guidance – Friday 16 April
- Presentation to update members on Membership Engagement Project
- Grange to host Inspiring Scottish Sportswomen webinar
- Scottish Hockey Talent Pathways update
- 120th anniversary of first Scotland women’s match
- His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Short Life Working Group (SLWG) proposal online consultation
- Lead the Way members produce case study on University of Edinburgh HC’s mental health initiatives
- Scottish Hockey AGM 2021