Inter District competitions update
On July 9th the Scottish Government issued its phase 3 update on the route map through, and out, of the Covid-19 crisis.
As a result of this we are now in a position where U18’s can potentially return to playing contact sport. However we believe, given all the current circumstances, the return to any domestic performance pathway activity is still some way off.
Therefore at this time we can confirm the postponement of both the boys’ and girls’ Scottish Hockey U16 Inter District and U18 Inter District competitions scheduled for September.
Once the details and potential start date for the domestic calendar have been confirmed, Scottish Hockey will be in a position to work with our district partners to agree the best way forward for both these competitions – as well as the U14 Inter District competition which was cancelled back in May.
Scottish Hockey Head of Performance Andy Tennant stated “Clearly the safety and wellbeing of all participants is the primary concern for Scottish Hockey at this stage – and we are committed to support the government guidelines and play our part in ridding Scotland of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“When the time is right and we have all the required information to hand, we will sit down with our Districts to ensure that this year’s cohort of talent identified young players get the opportunity to showcase their skill – and stake a claim for a place in our international pathway programmes.”
Read our Covid-19 Phase 3 guidance HERE
- Women's World Cup Qualifiers Preview (final)
- Mens' World Cup Qualifiers preview - interview with Derek Forsyth
- GHK stay at the top
- Scots youngsters triumph over Malaysia
- Womens' World Cup Qualifiers Preview: Part 3
- Intro to Cancer Research UK & Fundraising Workshop - Monday 15th November 2022
- U21 Men draw 1-1 against Malaysia
- Restart a Heart: Online CPR Workshop Mon 22nd Nov. 2022
- Postponements open the door for the other sides
- Womens' World Cup Qualifiers Preview: Part 2