Inter District competitions update
On July 9th the Scottish Government issued its phase 3 update on the route map through, and out, of the Covid-19 crisis.
As a result of this we are now in a position where U18’s can potentially return to playing contact sport. However we believe, given all the current circumstances, the return to any domestic performance pathway activity is still some way off.
Therefore at this time we can confirm the postponement of both the boys’ and girls’ Scottish Hockey U16 Inter District and U18 Inter District competitions scheduled for September.
Once the details and potential start date for the domestic calendar have been confirmed, Scottish Hockey will be in a position to work with our district partners to agree the best way forward for both these competitions – as well as the U14 Inter District competition which was cancelled back in May.
Scottish Hockey Head of Performance Andy Tennant stated “Clearly the safety and wellbeing of all participants is the primary concern for Scottish Hockey at this stage – and we are committed to support the government guidelines and play our part in ridding Scotland of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“When the time is right and we have all the required information to hand, we will sit down with our Districts to ensure that this year’s cohort of talent identified young players get the opportunity to showcase their skill – and stake a claim for a place in our international pathway programmes.”
Read our Covid-19 Phase 3 guidance HERE
- Super showing from GB's women who defeat India 4-1
- Clinical Germany inflict GB Men's first defeat of Tokyo 2020
- GB victories in second round of Olympic matches in Tokyo
- Victory for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- Narrow defeat for GB's Women in Tokyo 2020 opener
- Scotland and Ireland battle out a goal-fest in game three of test series
- Scotland men defeated by Ireland in game two of the test series at Titwood
- Draws for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- GB Men win opening match of Olympics
- Scotland and Ireland men battle out entertaining draw at Titwood