Inverleith pipped at the post in Oslo
INVERLEITH 3-3 THREE ROCK ROVERS (IRELAND)
Inverleith needed to win against Irish side Three Rock Rovers to secure promotion at the indoor European Club Challenge 1 tournament in Oslo, but their brave cause foundered on a last gasp equaliser by Ross Canning for a 3-3 draw. The share of the spoils kept the Irish side in second spot in the promotion pool, leaving a crestfallen Inverleith three points adrift and the consolation of a bronze medal.
It was the Scots who took the early initiative with an open play strike by Patrick Christie. Although Jody Hosking levelled at a penalty corner, within a minute Stephen Dick had restored Inverleith`s advantage.
Back came Three Rock again with a strike from David Kane, but just on the interval Aedan McCrossan gave Inverleith a crucial 3-2 lead.
The second half remained goalless with Inverleith on the verge of a famous victory, but events then took a cruel turn when Canning scored a belated equaliser at a penalty corner. The Irish were reduced in numbers when Harry Morris was sent to the sin bin, but there was still no way back for Inverleith.
- Final day defeat for Clydesdale Western in Vienna
- Return to outdoor National League 1 brings some big results
- Day 2 in Vienna ends in Euro defeat for Clydesdale Western
- Pro League defeats for GB men and women against Australia in Perth
- Tough opening day for Clydesdale Western in Vienna
- The outdoor National League 1 season gets back underway; Clydesdale Western in Europe
- Scotland Senior Women announce new support staff for 2019
- Inverleith pipped at the post in Oslo
- U18 Indoor Inter Districts - West and Midland take titles
- Another day of drama for Inverleith in Oslo