Management Committee proposal for season 2020/21 approved by clubs
Hockey clubs have voted to approve the Scottish Hockey Management Committee’s proposal for season 2020/21. Scottish Hockey will now start the competitions entry process in the next few days as we move another step closer to returning to play.
A total of 40 votes were received with 29 clubs approving the proposal and 11 clubs rejecting.
Approving the proposal means there are three clear options for starting season 2020/21 depending on when it is possible to return to competitive action.
Scottish Hockey will continue to work with sportscotland and the Scottish Government to establish when, and how, this can be done safely. An announcement will be made on what option will be used as soon as possible, though it is our desire that leagues will start in September/October.
As outlined in the Management Committee’s proposal, Option A will see the season begin in September/October; Option B will see the season start in November/December; and Option C will have a restart in 2021. For more detail, download the proposal HERE. Option A is our desired option, though it is dependent on guidance from sportscotland and the Scottish Government, and we have the flexibility to move to other options should it be required.
Now a separate small group comprised of coaches; players; officials and Scottish Hockey staff is being assembled to investigate a reviewed league structure for season 2021/22 onward. Feedback received during clubs’ deliberation of the Management Committee’s proposal will be taken into consideration by the group.
The group’s proposals will then go to the Management Committee, then the Scottish Hockey Board, before being offered to clubs for approval.
The 2021/22 proposal should be with members for consideration before the start of season 2020/21 to ensure clubs know what they are competing for.
Please check and follow our Covid-19 guidelines on safely returning to hockey as we work towards returning to the pitch.
Should you have any questions or feedback, please email [email protected] and the Management Committee will respond as soon as possible.
Your patience though these difficult times is greatly appreciated, please stay safe.
- Super showing from GB's women who defeat India 4-1
- Clinical Germany inflict GB Men's first defeat of Tokyo 2020
- GB victories in second round of Olympic matches in Tokyo
- Victory for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- Narrow defeat for GB's Women in Tokyo 2020 opener
- Scotland and Ireland battle out a goal-fest in game three of test series
- Scotland men defeated by Ireland in game two of the test series at Titwood
- Draws for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- GB Men win opening match of Olympics
- Scotland and Ireland men battle out entertaining draw at Titwood