Mixed fortunes for Clydesdale Western and Edinburgh University in Europe
Edinburgh University were on the wrong end of a 5-1 reversal by Irish side UCD at the EuroHockey Club Trophy in Rochester and are now facing a relegation challenge.
Goals from Sarah Young and Niamh Carey gave the Irish a two-goal lead at half time.
Penalty corner conversions by Nina Heisterkamp and Leah McGuire along with an open play strike from Michelle Carey advanced the score to five.
Hanna McKie finally put Edinburgh on the scoresheet, but it was little more than a consolation.
Clydesdale Western galloped to the top of their pool at the EuroHockey Club Challenge 1 in Lille with a fighting 3-2 win over Czech champions Slavia Prague.
The Glasgow side top the pool on goal difference from Switzerland`s Rotweiss Wettingen, and another win over Gintra (Lithuania) in the final pool match would ensure Clydesdale a place in the promotion semi-finals.
Ali Eadie put the Scots in from the penalty spot early in the first half, but they were pegged back by an equaliser from Magdalena Smidova. Before the interval Clydesdale got their noses in front again with an open play strike from Lexi Sabatelli.
The points looked assured when Jen Eadie advanced the score to 3-1 at a penalty corner. Towards the end the contest became a little fractious with several players visiting the sin bin, and in the final minute the Czechs scored again through Jindriska Reichlova, but Clydesdale held out for the narrow victory.
The curtain falls on the Scottish Hockey domestic season at one of the highlights of Scotland’s sporting calendar – the Scottish Cup Finals!
Final tickets on sale now! Use these ticket links in the pages below to donate 50% of the ticket value to your club
Or donate 50% of the ticket value to the Beatson Cancer Charity
- Scotland women unlucky in final match against Canada
- Grand Masters Four Nations in Aberdeen
- NottsSport U14 Girls Inter Districts Champions Crowned
- Win for Canada against Scotland women and Scotland Performance beat France in Glasgow
- Scotland men unlucky in Poland
- NottsSport U14 Boys Inter Districts Champions Crowned
- Battling Scotland performance but a win for Canada
- Scotland men win against Poland in Walcz
- Scotland Performance Squad unlucky in defeat to France
- Defeat for Scotland in Glasgow as clinical Canada claim win