New GB Coaching Offer launched
The tail end of 2018 saw all three Home Nations announce an exciting collaboration, driving transformational change in the delivery of coaching across Great Britain.
By working collectively across England, Scotland and Wales under the banner of GB, we can now officially launch the exciting new GB Coaching Offer, a guiding and interactive digital document that forms part of an annual programme of coach development opportunities.
The offer has been designed to provide support to coaches in identifying the best opportunities for them and their respective pathway, brought to life through videos and animations. Whether you’re a coach introducing someone to the game for the first time, working with a club side or coaching within a performance environment, the offer is here to guide and support you to be the best you can be, for yourself and those you coach.
Outlining a clear and positive direction for coach development throughout the sport, this informative and engaging digital document further forms part of the overarching GB Coaching Strategy that whilst continuing to drive the vision of ‘Coaches that inspire more, better and happier players’, is also further pushing for a cultural shift and singular approach to coaching leading up to 2021.
Over the coming weeks, coaches will be able to follow the links in the GB Coaching Offer document to book a place on a workshop or courses directly through Hockey Hub, making the customer journey quicker and easier.
If you’d like to book onto a workshop before this update has been implemented you can still do this via the current links, which’ll direct you through to the England Hockey website.
IT’S COMPETITION TIME!
To celebrate the exciting launch of the new GB Coaching Offer, we’ve put together a little competition for you! For your chance to win a FREE space on any of the workshop outlined in the new document, just answer the below question…
In the ‘Pass to Win’ video built into the GB Coaching Offer, what significant question does the coach ask the children during their point counting discussion?
Submit your answers here by the end of Monday 21 January.
- Battling Scotland men defeated by the Netherlands in Antwerp
- 2019 Futures Cup Squad Announcement
- Scotland denied win over Ireland by late penalty stroke
- Win for Germany on Scotland men’s return to EuroHockey Championships
- Campbell Thomson announced as Scotland men’s back of shirt sponsor
- Grand Masters to play on Tokyo Olympic pitches at 2020 Masters World Cup
- Scotland men’s squad announced for Belfius EuroHockey Championship in Antwerp
- Scotland win gold at Women’s EuroHockey Championship II in Glasgow
- Scotland women win Euros semi-final against Poland in Glasgow and gain promotion
- Scotland women top Pool at Euros in Glasgow – crucial semi-final awaits on Friday