Scotland men to face Austria in Vienna
Scotland men will take on Austria in a two-match series in Vienna this week as they build towards Belfius EuroHockey Championship in Antwerp.
The matches will be played on Friday 12 July at 17:00 and Saturday 13 July at 18:00, and follow Scotland’s excellent performance at the Hockey Series Finals in Le Touquet – finishing higher than ranking for the fourth time in three years.
The Austrians are also preparing for European competition as they set to play Men’s EuroHockey Championship II in Cambrai, France. Tough competitive matches are expected with such important tournaments on the horizon.
In August Scotland will compete at the Belfius EuroHockey Championships against Germany; Ireland; and the Netherlands in the Pool. In 2017 Scotland won EuroHockey Championship II in Glasgow to earn the right to compete in the tournament, held in Antwerp.
|Andy Bull||Old Georgians|
|Rob Harwood||Western Wildcats|
|Lee Morton||Old Georgians|
|Joe McConnell||Western Wildcats|
|Callum MacKenzie||Cardiff Met|
|Aidan McQuade||Grove Menzieshill|
|Hamish Galt||Western Wildcats|
- Scotland U21 Women beat Italy to win Gold in Alanya
- Gold for phenomenal Scotland U21 men with 9-0 Euros final win over Russia
- Defeat in Barcelona for Scotland men
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic