Scotland U16 girls have great win against Ulster
A fantastic performance from both Scotland and Ulster U16 girls ended in a great 5-1 victory for Scotland.
Scotland got off to a great start with three outstanding goals in the first 12 minutes from Livvy Hogg, Ellie Rutherford and a lob of the keeper by Ava Smith. Ulster then fought back scoring a field goal in the last minutes of the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Molly Byers scored a world class goal from a short corner won by Erin Lawrence who beat the defenders along the base line.
Both teams came out strongly in the second half. There was end-to-end play. Goals were sought by both teams via aggressive and determined play. Ulster won a short corner but were denied by a fantastic save by Jessica Mitchell.
The last quarter was very intense for both teams but a great solo goal from Ava Smith after running by multiple players followed by a flick past the keeper sealed a 5-1 win to Scotland.
- Scottish Cup first round gets underway
- Premiership drama brings some big wins
- Premiership and Scottish Cup weekend action awaits
- Nick Parkes retires from international hockey
- Premiership delivers great weekend of hockey action
- Tough EHL outing for Grange
- Scotland Masters men's O45 trial for 2020 World Cup and home internationals
- Scotland Masters men's O40 trial
- Big weekend of Hockey in Premiership and Grange in EHL
- Robertson; Costello and Watson selected for GB women tests against India