Scotland U16 girls have great win against Ulster
A fantastic performance from both Scotland and Ulster U16 girls ended in a great 5-1 victory for Scotland.
Scotland got off to a great start with three outstanding goals in the first 12 minutes from Livvy Hogg, Ellie Rutherford and a lob of the keeper by Ava Smith. Ulster then fought back scoring a field goal in the last minutes of the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Molly Byers scored a world class goal from a short corner won by Erin Lawrence who beat the defenders along the base line.
Both teams came out strongly in the second half. There was end-to-end play. Goals were sought by both teams via aggressive and determined play. Ulster won a short corner but were denied by a fantastic save by Jessica Mitchell.
The last quarter was very intense for both teams but a great solo goal from Ava Smith after running by multiple players followed by a flick past the keeper sealed a 5-1 win to Scotland.
- Scotland denied win over Ireland by late penalty stroke
- Win for Germany on Scotland men’s return to EuroHockey Championships
- Campbell Thomson announced as Scotland men’s back of shirt sponsor
- Grand Masters to play on Tokyo Olympic pitches at 2020 Masters World Cup
- Scotland men’s squad announced for Belfius EuroHockey Championship in Antwerp
- Scotland win gold at Women’s EuroHockey Championship II in Glasgow
- Scotland women win Euros semi-final against Poland in Glasgow and gain promotion
- Scotland women top Pool at Euros in Glasgow – crucial semi-final awaits on Friday
- Scotland qualify for Euros semi-final after win over Czech Republic
- Poland and Italy play out a nil-nil draw at Glasgow National Hockey Centre on Day Two of the 2019 Women’s EuroHockey Championship II.