Scotland U16 girls have great win against Ulster
A fantastic performance from both Scotland and Ulster U16 girls ended in a great 5-1 victory for Scotland.
Scotland got off to a great start with three outstanding goals in the first 12 minutes from Livvy Hogg, Ellie Rutherford and a lob of the keeper by Ava Smith. Ulster then fought back scoring a field goal in the last minutes of the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Molly Byers scored a world class goal from a short corner won by Erin Lawrence who beat the defenders along the base line.
Both teams came out strongly in the second half. There was end-to-end play. Goals were sought by both teams via aggressive and determined play. Ulster won a short corner but were denied by a fantastic save by Jessica Mitchell.
The last quarter was very intense for both teams but a great solo goal from Ava Smith after running by multiple players followed by a flick past the keeper sealed a 5-1 win to Scotland.
- Masters Men Over 60/65/70 Celtic Cup Training and Selection
- Walking Hockey opportunity at Inverleith
- Scottish Hockey statement following the announcement of the GB Hockey squads for the Olympic Games
- Scotland’s Sarah Robertson selected for Tokyo Olympic Games
- Tokyo Olympics
- Scotland lose close match to England at EuroHockey Championships
- Scottish Hockey Academy U17s reports against Ulster in Glasgow
- Scottish Hockey Academy U17s to play Ulster
- U14 eight-a-sides on show this weekend
- Scotland beat Italy at the EuroHockey Championships