Scotland U16 girls have great win against Ulster
A fantastic performance from both Scotland and Ulster U16 girls ended in a great 5-1 victory for Scotland.
Scotland got off to a great start with three outstanding goals in the first 12 minutes from Livvy Hogg, Ellie Rutherford and a lob of the keeper by Ava Smith. Ulster then fought back scoring a field goal in the last minutes of the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Molly Byers scored a world class goal from a short corner won by Erin Lawrence who beat the defenders along the base line.
Both teams came out strongly in the second half. There was end-to-end play. Goals were sought by both teams via aggressive and determined play. Ulster won a short corner but were denied by a fantastic save by Jessica Mitchell.
The last quarter was very intense for both teams but a great solo goal from Ava Smith after running by multiple players followed by a flick past the keeper sealed a 5-1 win to Scotland.
- Scotland men defeat Egypt with sensational late winner
- Neil Menzies to lead development of Talent Pathway
- Scotland women strike six in win over France
- Five star Scotland men win against Singapore
- Scotland u21 men strike four in win over Wales
- Close contest but Scotland men lose to Ireland in Le Touquet
- Three debut goals seal win for Scotland U21 men
- Grand Masters chase European success in Belgium
- Cruel shootout defeat for Scotland against Czech Rep
- Chris Grassick, Alan Forsyth and Sarah Robertson selected for GB Pro League squads