Scotland U16 girls have great win against Ulster
A fantastic performance from both Scotland and Ulster U16 girls ended in a great 5-1 victory for Scotland.
Scotland got off to a great start with three outstanding goals in the first 12 minutes from Livvy Hogg, Ellie Rutherford and a lob of the keeper by Ava Smith. Ulster then fought back scoring a field goal in the last minutes of the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Molly Byers scored a world class goal from a short corner won by Erin Lawrence who beat the defenders along the base line.
Both teams came out strongly in the second half. There was end-to-end play. Goals were sought by both teams via aggressive and determined play. Ulster won a short corner but were denied by a fantastic save by Jessica Mitchell.
The last quarter was very intense for both teams but a great solo goal from Ava Smith after running by multiple players followed by a flick past the keeper sealed a 5-1 win to Scotland.
- Joint Statement from Scottish Hockey President and Chair of Scottish Hockey
- Martin Campbell
- Message to Scottish Hockey Trustees from Scottish Hockey Board of Directors
- International hockey programme cancelled for summer 2020
- Covid-19: Phase 2 guidance
- Scottish Hockey announces establishment of task force
- Covid-19: extension of exercise guidelines
- League season 2019/20 is now completed
- Janet White
- Phase 1 Guidance 28th May 2020