Scotland U18 and U16 Girls’ squads selected for Ireland series
Scotland U18 Girls’ will play a three-match series against Ireland this weekend at Glenalmond.
The matches will be played on Friday at 4pm; Saturday at 4pm; and Sunday at 12pm.
It is a young Scotland side taking to the pitch to take on a strong Ireland side in a series that will offer excellent development opportunities for the players.
Scotland U18 Girls’ Head Coach Keith Smith said, “Ireland have had some great results already this year against England and Belgium, so we’re expecting the competition to be fierce.
“Seven of our squad are away with the U21s ahead of their Euros so it’s a young squad this weekend – seventeen of them are eligible for U18s next year – but that just makes for a fantastic development opportunity for those younger players to be fearless and step up and lead on and off the pitch.
“The same girls delivered a really mature performance against the Malaysian senior team last month, and I’m confident we can build on that and continue our improvement.”
|Aisha Saini||Western Wildcats|
|Anna Hoolaghan||Clydesdale Western|
|Corrie Hay||Grove Menzieshill|
|Ellie Stott||Grove Menzieshill|
|Hannah Miller||Fjordhus Reivers|
|Iona Colquhoun||Edinburgh University|
|Jennifer Tait||Granite City Wanderers|
|Kirsten Cannon||Western Wildcats|
|Lucy Smith||Grove Menzieshill|
|Michaela McCarthy||Dundee Wanderers|
|Rachel Strachan||Grove Menzieshill|
|Rhiannon Carr||Grove Menzieshill|
Friday 5 July | 4pm
Saturday 6 July | 4pm
Sunday 7 July | 12pm
Scotland U16 Girls’ will also face Ireland at Glenalmond in matches over the weekend that offer great development opportunities.
Friday 5 July | 6pm
Saturday 6 July | 6pm
Sunday 7 July | 2pm
Scotland U16 Squad
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II
Scotland women will compete in Glasgow this summer in a major international tournament.
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II will be held at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on 4-10 August and is a great chance to cheer on Scotland on home soil against some top European competition.
Find out more, and buy tickets, HERE
- Scotland U21 Women beat Italy to win Gold in Alanya
- Gold for phenomenal Scotland U21 men with 9-0 Euros final win over Russia
- Defeat in Barcelona for Scotland men
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic