Scotland U21 men draw final test match against Wales
Scotland U21 men drew 1-1 with Wales U21 men in the third and final match of a test series at Uddingston. Scotland won the previous two matches and were series winners over the three competitive matches.
Following from the previous two encounters the match got off to a ferocious start. Keir Robb had the first opportunity to strike at goal and his low shot on the turn was well saved and batted clear by the goalkeeper.
Wales thought they’d took the lead with their first opportunity. A one-on-one chance saw the ball bounce off the Scotland post but a Welsh shirt was on hand to push the ball home, but the goal was ruled out and the score remained 0-0.
Scotland responded in an instant but a deflection by Noah Jones zipped just wide of the post.
Then Fraser Moran was next to come close for Scotland when his deflection shaved the post on its way wide.
The second quarter was a fierce midfield battle. The only clear chance of the quarter saw Henry Saxby pull off a fantastic save to deny Wales a goal on a swift counter attack.
Wales took the lead early in the second half when Fred Newbold struck the ball home via the post for 1-0.
Scotland came firing back and some excellent build up down the left gave Jamie Croll an opportunity to shoot at goal, but the keeper did well to beat the shot clear.
Early in the final quarter Scotland struck an equaliser. A penalty corner routine saw the ball fall for a scooped rebound finish by John Stephen. 1-1.
There was nearly a second for Scotland moments later but Dominic Smith saw his effort from a tight angle cleared off the line.
Both sides had a go at finding a winner as the contest hurtled toward a conclusion, but there would be no more goals and it ended all square in the final game of three at Uddingston.
- Scotland U21 women lose close match to England
- Scotland U21 men beat USA seniors in final test match
- Scotland Emerging squads entertain England at Peffermill
- Narrow defeat for Scotland U21 women away to England
- Another good performance by Scots U21 men but USA seniors take the win
- SCOTLAND UNDER-21 2 USA SENIOR SQUAD 4
- District Festivals Wrap Up Youth Season
- Scotland U21 men draw final test match against Wales
- Victory in game two sees Scotland U21 men win series against Wales
- Ten goal Scotland U21 men show blistering form against Wales