Scotland U21 men’s squad announced for matches against Ireland
Scotland U21 men’s preparations for U21 EuroHockey Championship II continue as they head to Ireland for three matches this weekend.
The Scots will play Ireland on Friday 28th June at 19:45; Saturday 29th June at 15:30; and Sunday 30th June at 14:30 at Ulster University, Jordanstown.
James Nairn is out the series with a broken finger and Aidan McQuade; Callum Mackenzie and Cameron Golden are also unavailable for the games against Ireland after playing for Scotland men in Le Touquet.
Scotland U21 men are building towards EuroHockey Junior Championship II (men) in July and are deep into their preparations for their drive for promotion. At the tournament in Plzen Litice, Czech Republic, Scotland will play in a Pool with Portugal; Russia; and Italy before the final stages.
The Scots are on the back of a successful Club All Star Series that saw the U21s play three competitive games against All Star teams made up from National League players; and also a series win against Wales U21 Men in Glasgow.
Scotland U21 Men’s squad selection for the Euros will be made after the matches in Ireland.
Scotland U21 Men’s Head Coach Graham Moodie said, “These are our final preparation games before going to the tournament in the Czech Rep. Ireland is a really strong team and exactly the level of match we need to help us best prepare for the Euros. Following positive performances in the Wales matches we are taking a larger squad to Ireland (21 players) and we want to build on the progress we made.”
Scotland U21 Men’s squad for Ireland Series:
|Martin Rose||University of Edinburgh|
|Andrew McAllister||Western Wildcats|
|Robbie Croll||University of Edinburgh|
|Ali Richmond||Loughborough University|
|Andrew Webb||Loughborough University|
|Ewen Mackie||University of Edinburgh|
|Sam Weissen||Durham University|
|Ben Pearson||University of Edinburgh|
|John Stephen||Grove Menzieshill|
|Alex Batstone||Bath Bucaneers|
|Jamie Golden||Grove Menzieshill|
|Fraser Moran||Western Wildcats|
|Andrew McConnell||Western Wildcats|
|Hamish Roberts||Loughborough University|
|Jack Jamieson||University of Edinburgh|
Friday 28th June – 19:45
Saturday 29th June – 15:30
Sunday 30th June – 14:30
- Scotland U21 Women beat Italy to win Gold in Alanya
- Gold for phenomenal Scotland U21 men with 9-0 Euros final win over Russia
- Defeat in Barcelona for Scotland men
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic