Scotland U21 women lose close match to England
Scotland U21 women were beaten 3-2 by England in the second of two away matches.
England pressed hard from the first whistle with a high intensity prompting a poor start by Scotland.
Before half time the home side found themselves 3-0 after some clinical finishing. The first goal in particular was a slick corner routine that saw the ball nestle in the roof of the net.
Scotland had a much better second half; they were less passive which made a massive difference to the flow of the game.
A goal for Scotland eventually arrived. Faith Joubert pulled one back when she deflected a hard hit by Ellie Mackenzie into the net.
Then Lunjika Nyirenda scored to make it 3-2 in the final quarter with a goal on the reverse from open play. The comeback was on.
Despite the late surge there would be no further goal and a 3-2 defeat brought the weekend to a close for Scotland U21 women.
- Scotland Women finish sixth after defeat to Canada
- Scotland Men hit Ghana for seven in final match
- Narrow loss for Scotland Men v Pakistan in final pool game
- Brave Scots lose to Hockeyroos in final pool match
- Scotland Men edged out by South Africa in nine-goal thriller
- Scotland Women put eleven past Kenya in Birmingham
- Scotland Men beaten by ruthless Australia
- Brave Scots lose to New Zealand in Birmingham
- EUROHOCKEY JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS - DAY 5
- Thrilling draw for Scotland men at Birmingham 2022