SCOTLAND UNDER-21 2 USA SENIOR SQUAD 4
After a 2-0 win in the three match series against Wales last weekend the Scotland under-21 side were put under much more pressure by the USA senior squad at Uddingston today and finally went down 4-2 in the first match of another three match encounter.
Scotland`s under-21 coach Graham Moodie found the USA senior squad a much bigger handful in the next stage of their preparations for the EuroHockey Championships in Ghent next month, but it was an invaluable experience for his youthful squad.
Moodie said: “I was pleased how we played against the USA senior side, they asked questions of us which Wales did not last weekend, but it was an invaluable experience for our squad preparing for the Euros. I`m hoping that we can come much closer to the USA in the remaining two test matches at the weekend.”
Although the first half was fairly even in terms of possession the Americans moved into a two goal lead. But before the interval the Scots youngsters pulled one back, a neat move up the right involving Fraser Moran and Ali Douglas left the latter with a tap in at the back post.
Although both sides had penalty corner opportunities, the Americans took control of the match with two further open play goals for a 4-1 lead. In the final quarter the Scots pressed to get back into the contest and a move involving Noah Jones and Douglas left the Clydesdale striker to fire a low reverse stick shot into the net for his second of the game.
- Scotland U21 women lose close match to England
- Scotland U21 men beat USA seniors in final test match
- Scotland Emerging squads entertain England at Peffermill
- Narrow defeat for Scotland U21 women away to England
- Another good performance by Scots U21 men but USA seniors take the win
- SCOTLAND UNDER-21 2 USA SENIOR SQUAD 4
- District Festivals Wrap Up Youth Season
- Scotland U21 men draw final test match against Wales
- Victory in game two sees Scotland U21 men win series against Wales
- Ten goal Scotland U21 men show blistering form against Wales