Scotland women’s squad to face Ireland in Stormont
Scotland women will face World Cup silver medallists Ireland in a three-match series on 13-16 July 2019 in Stormont, as they prepare for Women’s EuroHockey Championship II in Glasgow.
The matches will be played on Saturday 13 July at 19:00; Sunday 14 July at 16:00; and Tuesday 16 July at 11:00.
It’s a valuable and tough contest for the Scots as they build towards the Euros at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre, and the drive for promotion back to A Division. Scotland will play Czech Republic; Ukraine and Austria in Glasgow this August before the latter stages of the tournament.
Ireland are also working towards a major tournament at the Belfius EuroHockey Championship in Antwerp where they share a pool with England; Germany; and Belarus.
Both teams will take to the pitch in Stormont to compete for selection and highly competitive encounters are to be expected.
Scotland women’s Head Coach Jen Wilson said, “We are looking forward to returning to Ireland for a three test series. These matches give our squad time together to continue our build up for the Europeans in August. We have a few changes following the Hockey Series Finals and this allows players another opportunity to be seen before final selection.
“Ireland, who are also in preparation for Europeans, will present some important challenge points for us during the week and as World Cup silver medallists we look forward to offering up some competitive matches for them.”
McKenzie Bell (Western Wildcats)
Fiona Burnet (Wimbledon)
Louise Campbell (Edinburgh University)
Nicola Cochrane (Beeston)
Robyn Collins (Surbiton)
Bex Condie (Gloucester City)
Lorna Cruickshank (Durham University)
Kaz Cuthbert (Western Wildcats)
Emily Dark (Dundee Wanderers)
Jen Eadie (Clydesdale Western)
Amy Gibson (Der Club An Der Alster)
Kate Holmes (Western Wildcats)
Sarah Jamieson (Munchner Sports Club)
Lucy Lanigan (Watsonians)
Jess Ross (Dundee Wanderers)
Fiona Semple (Wimbledon)
Millie Steiger (Clydesdale Western)
Becky Ward (Western Wildcats)
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II
Scotland women will compete in Glasgow this summer in a major international tournament.
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II will be held at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on 4-10 August and is a great chance to cheer on Scotland on home soil against some top European competition.
Find out more, and buy tickets, HERE
- Scotland U21 Women beat Italy to win Gold in Alanya
- Gold for phenomenal Scotland U21 men with 9-0 Euros final win over Russia
- Defeat in Barcelona for Scotland men
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic