Scottish Hockey comment on restrictions on indoor sports
In collaboration with our colleagues across the sports governing body landscape, we have made written representations to the Scottish Government to consider the current restrictions on indoor sports activity, with a view to these restrictions being lifted on the 17th January.
Whilst we fully appreciate the difficulties involved with setting restrictions and balancing the demands on health services, economy and health & wellbeing, we feel that the undoubted benefits associated with participation in indoor sports should be given greater continued consideration at this time.
Indoor contact sport is playing a significant role in the health, well-being and economic recovery of Scotland during the Pandemic.
There is a greater need for indoor sport provision at this time of year to help keep people physically active.
- Update on indoor leagues
- Scottish Umpires and Officials appointed by FIH
- Scotland squad named for Women’s Indoor Championship II in Spain
- Scotland U21 men’s and women’s teams lose to Durham University
- Scotland U21 men and Women fall short to Durham University in their first outing of 2022
- Massive year for Scotland U21 women gets underway
- New resources to support those delivering Fun Start – Learning to Play
- Scotland U21 men begin their attempt to make history in 2022
- Scottish Hockey comment on restrictions on indoor sports
- Jennifer Eadie joins the GB women’s programme for Paris Olympic cycle