Scottish Thistles win the Tilburg International Super Veterans Tournament 2019
Scottish Thistles have won the Tilburg International Super Veterans tournament. This is the first time that a team from Scotland has won this tournament, a tremendous success for Scottish masters hockey.
After beating teams from Italy, Wales and Holland, Scottish Thistles met a German team in the final to win the cup with a 1 – 0 victory to the Scots.
With the European Masters Championships being held in Belgium in June 2019, most of the teams entering this tournament were using the competition as a preparation stage for the Europeans, so it was with added significance that a Scottish team should end up as victors.
From left to right Graham Conkie, Neil Ward, Murdoch Shirreff, Tim Lorimer, Keith Raper, Brian de Mattos, Steve Laux, Peter Haines, Tony Walker, Mike McInally, Iain Lynch, Rob Campbell, Jim Frail and Ian Roberts.
Hockey is proud to be a sport for life. Interested in getting involved in Masters’ hockey? Get in touch HERE
- Phase 1 Guidance 28th May 2020
- Hamish’s Club Pledge tour of Scotland
- Performance teamwork continues with sports science intern appointments
- Mike Doig
- Schools' Cups Completed
- Covid-19 update April 2020
- Scottish Hockey AGM moved to September
- Covid-19: Blue Sox ladies support charities through challenges
- District hockey leagues declared null and void for season 2019/20
- Easter weekend closure