Scottish Thistles win the Tilburg International Super Veterans Tournament 2019
Scottish Thistles have won the Tilburg International Super Veterans tournament. This is the first time that a team from Scotland has won this tournament, a tremendous success for Scottish masters hockey.
After beating teams from Italy, Wales and Holland, Scottish Thistles met a German team in the final to win the cup with a 1 – 0 victory to the Scots.
With the European Masters Championships being held in Belgium in June 2019, most of the teams entering this tournament were using the competition as a preparation stage for the Europeans, so it was with added significance that a Scottish team should end up as victors.
From left to right Graham Conkie, Neil Ward, Murdoch Shirreff, Tim Lorimer, Keith Raper, Brian de Mattos, Steve Laux, Peter Haines, Tony Walker, Mike McInally, Iain Lynch, Rob Campbell, Jim Frail and Ian Roberts.
Hockey is proud to be a sport for life. Interested in getting involved in Masters’ hockey? Get in touch HERE
- Scotland women unlucky in final match against Canada
- Grand Masters Four Nations in Aberdeen
- NottsSport U14 Girls Inter Districts Champions Crowned
- Win for Canada against Scotland women and Scotland Performance beat France in Glasgow
- Scotland men unlucky in Poland
- NottsSport U14 Boys Inter Districts Champions Crowned
- Battling Scotland performance but a win for Canada
- Scotland men win against Poland in Walcz
- Scotland Performance Squad unlucky in defeat to France
- Defeat for Scotland in Glasgow as clinical Canada claim win