Scottish Thistles win the Tilburg International Super Veterans Tournament 2019
Scottish Thistles have won the Tilburg International Super Veterans tournament. This is the first time that a team from Scotland has won this tournament, a tremendous success for Scottish masters hockey.
After beating teams from Italy, Wales and Holland, Scottish Thistles met a German team in the final to win the cup with a 1 – 0 victory to the Scots.
With the European Masters Championships being held in Belgium in June 2019, most of the teams entering this tournament were using the competition as a preparation stage for the Europeans, so it was with added significance that a Scottish team should end up as victors.
From left to right Graham Conkie, Neil Ward, Murdoch Shirreff, Tim Lorimer, Keith Raper, Brian de Mattos, Steve Laux, Peter Haines, Tony Walker, Mike McInally, Iain Lynch, Rob Campbell, Jim Frail and Ian Roberts.
Hockey is proud to be a sport for life. Interested in getting involved in Masters’ hockey? Get in touch HERE
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic
- Late goal gives Ireland victory over Scotland women in Stormont
- Scotland U21 men score six to beat Portugal in Euros opener
- Scotland U21 Women share points with Wales in U21 Euros opening match