Seven up and Clydesdale Western are in Europe again
Clydesdale Western secured their place in Europe for next year with a 7-0 win at GHK in a belated catch-up Premiership fixture. The result means that Clydesdale finished two points ahead of Edinburgh University in the runners-up spot to champions Watsonians.
There was never any doubt about the outcome when the Titwood-based club took a three goal lead into the interval, Fiona Semple scored twice from both open play and then from the spot while Heather O`Brien got the other.
The goals continued in the second half, O`Brien scored her own second, Laura Paul scored with a direct shot at a penalty corner, Millie Steiger found the net with a deflection at a penalty corner and finally Bronwyn Shields drove into the circle and unleashed a reverse stick shot past the keeper.
- Watsonians women do the double with Scottish Cup success
- Western Wildcats secure an incredible treble by lifting the Men’s Scottish Cup
- Seven up and Clydesdale Western are in Europe again
- New names or previous winners on the Scottish Cup trophy?
- Scottish Cup finals weekend live stream
- Men’s 4-Nations Euros test event to be held at Uddingston
- Men’s EuroHockey qualifiers to be held in Uddingston
- Under 14 Summer Festival
- Series victory for Scotland women against Wales in Altrincham
- Grange and Monarchs will play in the Premiership next season