Update on competitions format
After strong engagement on the Short Life Working Group’s (SLWG) proposed competition format – the voting process for season 22/23 is now complete. A total of 50 votes were received with 25 rejecting the proposal and 25 accepting.
Scottish Hockey’s Domestic Games Team; along with the Chair, President, Vice President and Members Elected Director, met to consider and agree the resulting outcome of the clubs’ vote.
It was agreed a majority vote was the fundamental requirement for change to be implemented. As no majority was indicated, the SLWG proposal will not be implemented and the format for season 2022/23 season will remain similar in structure to that originally proposed for season 2020/21.
Shown in the attachment is the format for season ahead: Competitions format 2021-22. As previously communicated, finalised league compositions cannot be declared until all league entries are submitted. Please note that Aberdeen Grammar School FP will no longer be playing in Men’s National League. This league will now consist of 13 teams (playing each other once and then splitting into a top 7 / bottom 6 and playing once in pools).
During the engagement process we have listened to the factors impacting competition entry, particularly around the challenges presented to the membership by Covid-19. Any club that wishes to discuss their current league position should get in touch with the Competitions Manager (Senior) by Friday 16th July.
We would like to thank all clubs for their involvement in this voting process. We reiterate our commitment to engage and consult with member clubs over this forthcoming season in order to progress the collective understanding of what will be a longer term holistic approach to competition structures.
Scottish Hockey would like to invite all clubs to a further engagement opportunity on Tuesday 20th July at 7pm to discuss the agreed 2021/22 season format and competition entry process.
- Draw & defeat for GB in thrilling Dutch double header
- Super showing from GB's women who defeat India 4-1
- Clinical Germany inflict GB Men's first defeat of Tokyo 2020
- GB victories in second round of Olympic matches in Tokyo
- Victory for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- Narrow defeat for GB's Women in Tokyo 2020 opener
- Scotland and Ireland battle out a goal-fest in game three of test series
- Scotland men defeated by Ireland in game two of the test series at Titwood
- Draws for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- GB Men win opening match of Olympics