Walking Hockey opportunity at Inverleith
Inverleith Hockey Club is offering a walking hockey opportunity and has put a call out for people to take part in a fun and friendly environment.
The sessions are designed to help people keep an active lifestyle regardless of health and ability. Whether you are new to the sport, just not played for a while or had to stop due to injuries or other reasons, Walking Hockey allows you to pick up a stick in a fun and relaxed environment. You can take time to socialise, meet new and like-minded people, build confidence and look after your mental health, especially with what has been a challenging time for us all, due to the unprecedented impact of covid-19.
Players are restricted to walking, play is on a small pitch and scoring area, no hitting – it’s just a pushing game, the larger plastic ball must stay at knee height, the stick must stay at waist height and consideration can be given to 3 touch hockey, just to restrict the dribblers!
Anyone is welcome to come and join the club at Edinburgh University, Peffermill Playing Fields, Peffermill Road, Edinburgh , EH6 5LL, every Tuesday 12.00 to 13.00 from 29th June 2021. Participants are also invited to stay on afterwards for drink and a chat.
Anyone interested in taking part can noting their interest by email to Neill Sinclair at [email protected] with your name, DOB and contact mobile number.
- Draw & defeat for GB in thrilling Dutch double header
- Super showing from GB's women who defeat India 4-1
- Clinical Germany inflict GB Men's first defeat of Tokyo 2020
- GB victories in second round of Olympic matches in Tokyo
- Victory for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- Narrow defeat for GB's Women in Tokyo 2020 opener
- Scotland and Ireland battle out a goal-fest in game three of test series
- Scotland men defeated by Ireland in game two of the test series at Titwood
- Draws for Scotland against Ireland at U19 GB&I 4-Nations
- GB Men win opening match of Olympics