Walking Hockey opportunity at Inverleith
Inverleith Hockey Club is offering a walking hockey opportunity and has put a call out for people to take part in a fun and friendly environment.
The sessions are designed to help people keep an active lifestyle regardless of health and ability. Whether you are new to the sport, just not played for a while or had to stop due to injuries or other reasons, Walking Hockey allows you to pick up a stick in a fun and relaxed environment. You can take time to socialise, meet new and like-minded people, build confidence and look after your mental health, especially with what has been a challenging time for us all, due to the unprecedented impact of covid-19.
Players are restricted to walking, play is on a small pitch and scoring area, no hitting – it’s just a pushing game, the larger plastic ball must stay at knee height, the stick must stay at waist height and consideration can be given to 3 touch hockey, just to restrict the dribblers!
Anyone is welcome to come and join the club at Edinburgh University, Peffermill Playing Fields, Peffermill Road, Edinburgh , EH6 5LL, every Tuesday 12.00 to 13.00 from 29th June 2021. Participants are also invited to stay on afterwards for drink and a chat.
Anyone interested in taking part can noting their interest by email to Neill Sinclair at [email protected] with your name, DOB and contact mobile number.
- Watsonians women do the double with Scottish Cup success
- Western Wildcats secure an incredible treble by lifting the Men’s Scottish Cup
- Seven up and Clydesdale Western are in Europe again
- New names or previous winners on the Scottish Cup trophy?
- Scottish Cup finals weekend live stream
- Men’s 4-Nations Euros test event to be held at Uddingston
- Men’s EuroHockey qualifiers to be held in Uddingston
- Under 14 Summer Festival
- Series victory for Scotland women against Wales in Altrincham
- Grange and Monarchs will play in the Premiership next season