Scotland U21 men’s squad announced for Euros
Scotland U21 Men’s Head Coach Graham Moodie has named his squad for U21 Men’s EuroHockey Championship II in Plzen Litice, Czech Republic.
The tournament gets underway on 14 July and Scotland will take on Russia; Portugal and Italy in Pool B before the latter stages of the tournament.
The Scots are taking a strong team and will play in the opening game of the tournament when they face Portugal to get their campaign underway.
Scotland U21 Men go into the tournament after competitive preparation series’ against Club All Stars; Ireland and Wales, putting in good performances across all the matches.
Competition will be tough in Plzen Litice as the top two teams in the competition will be promoted to A Division in 2021.
Scotland U21 Men’s Head Coach Graham Moodie said, “Selection for the Euros was tough. It was very competitive for places in the squad and it was a hard decision, but we’ve selected a strong squad for the tournament.
“We’re really excited to go and compete in the Euros; the target is to gain promotion, and the players we have are capable of achieving this. We have one more camp before we travel to Czech Republic and we’re looking forward to our final preparations for the competition.”
Scotland U21 Men’s squad:
|Martin Rose||University of Edinburgh|
|Robbie Croll||University of Edinburgh|
|Andrew McAllister||Western Wildcats|
|Ali Richmond||Loughborough University|
|Andrew Webb||Loughborough University|
|Ben Pearson||University of Edinburgh|
|Alex Batstone||Bath Buccaneers|
|Jamie Golden||Grove Menzieshill|
|Cameron Golden||Grove Menzieshill|
|Andrew McConnell||Western Wildcats|
|Hamish Roberts||Loughborough University|
|Jack Jamieson||University of Edinburgh|
14 July | 11:15 | Scotland v Portugal
15 July | 18:00 | Russia v Scotland
17 July | 11:15 | Scotland v Italy
19 July | TBC | TBC
20 July | TBC | TBC
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II
Scotland women will compete in Glasgow this summer in a major international tournament.
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II will be held at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on 4-10 August and is a great chance to cheer on Scotland on home soil against some top European competition.
Find out more, and buy tickets, HERE
- Scotland U21 Women beat Italy to win Gold in Alanya
- Gold for phenomenal Scotland U21 men with 9-0 Euros final win over Russia
- Defeat in Barcelona for Scotland men
- Scotland U21 Women earn promotion and place in Euros final
- Scotland U21 men beat Ireland to clinch final spot and gain promotion
- Scotland U21 Men qualify from Euros Pool despite defeat to Italy
- Scotland U21 Women beat Austria to qualify for next stage in Alanya
- Scotland women beat Ireland in Stormont as Euros in Glasgow approach
- Scotland U21 men strike five to beat Russia in U21 Euros match two
- Excellent win for Scotland U21 women against Czech Republic