Scotland U21 Women squad selected for Euros
The Scotland U21 Women’s squad has been announced for U21s EuroHockey Championship II in Alanya, Turkey.
Head Coach Neil Menzies has named a strong Scotland squad that will take to the pitch in Pool B with Austria; Czech Republic and Wales. It is the Welsh who will be Scotland’s first opponents when they meet in the opening match of the tournament on 14 July.
The Scots will take on Czech Republic in their second match before facing Austria in the last Pool match before the crossover matches. Excitement is high for the tournament as the teams who finish in the top two spots in Alanya will be promoted to A Division in 2021.
Scotland U21 Women’s Head Coach Neil Menzies said, “We have been able to select a strong squad for what will be a demanding competition.
“This squad is undoubtedly capable of winning promotion, but it will not be easy, and we will need to be at our best to succeed.
“Much will depend on our ability to adapt to the conditions in Turkey, and to the varying styles of play that we will face. We definitely have the skill and if we can ally that to the correct mentality then we have a chance.”
Scotland U21 Women squad:
Jess Buchanan (Clydesdale Western)
Amber Murray (Watsonians)
Ellie Wilson (Dundee Wanderers)
Cat Booth (Western Wildcats)
Katie Stott (Grove Menzieshill)
Cailin Hart (Watsonians)
Morven Cawthorn (Watsonians)
Eve Pearson (Watsonians)
Bronwyn Shields (Clydesdale Western)
Ruth Blaikie (Dundee Wanderers)
Margery Justice (Edinburgh University)
Imogen Davies (Kelburne)
Rachel Bain (Western Wildcats)
Georgia Jones (Watsonians)
Lunjika Nyirenda (Beeston)
Lexi Sabatelli (Clydesdale Western)
Jenny Walls (Edinburgh University)
Katie MacCallum (Watsonians)
14 July | 09:00 | Scotland v Wales
15 July | 18:00 | Czech Republic v Scotland
17 July | 09:00 | Scotland v Austria
19 July | TBC | TBC
20 July | TBC | TBC
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II
Scotland women will compete in Glasgow this summer in a major international tournament.
Women’s EuroHockey Championship II will be held at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on 4-10 August and is a great chance to cheer on Scotland on home soil against some top European competition.
Find out more, and buy tickets, HERE
- Wanderers take Indoor Euros gold in Porto
- Promotion secured as Wanderers go for indoor gold in Europe
- Wanderers scoop back-to-back indoor day one Euro wins
- FIH Hockey Pro League tickets on general sale now
- Wanderers women play indoor in Porto while two men’s Scottish Cup ties are settled
- Nine goal Western Wildcats avoid indoor Euro relegation
- Tough day in Europe for Western Wildcats while Grange get first Premiership points of 2020
- Western Wildcats end Indoor Euros day one in second spot
- Western Wildcats play indoor in Europe while Grange and Hillhead catch-up on outdoor
- Cancellation of Men's EuroHockey Junior Invitational events